Learn To Use
Learn to Use Scratch
1. Install Scratch:
- Then find your operating system (Apple OS X,Windows & Debian/Ubuntu). For a step-by-step introduction, download the
Scratch 1.4 Getting Started Guide.
- Next press the scratch installer button for your operating system and follow the instructions on their webpage.
2. Make a simple animation
- First, open Scratch.
- Next, click 'control' which is in the top left corner next to Motion.
- click on the cat in the sprites menu.
- Drag the 'green flag' block into the scripts area.
- Drag the 'forever' block and connect it to the green flag block.
- Click on 'Motion'
- Drag the 'Move 10 steps' block into the 'forever' block.
- Click the green flag in the top right corner of the preview screen to make it go and click the red hexagon next to it to make it stop.
- Click on this link to open a Scratch tutorial on YouTube
Here are some of my scratch projects (Press the Space Bar to start):